- Create a mobile app splash page with a short URL- makes for fast download for QR code hating customers.
- Make sure there is good Wi-Fi coverage at your location.
- Drip out new “mobile app eye only” content regularly.
- Stir up social networks – ask customers to share the app with friends.
- Offer express service for those who download the app.
- Use QR code coupon to build loyal & prevent deleting the app.
- Reward coupon for the 10th,25th,100th,500th check-in
- Offer valuable “carrots” on the mobile app they won’t find anywhere else.
- Gamify your mobile app Ex: Best photo/FaceBook likes.
- Send push notifications at least 2-3x per week. Deal of the week, taco of the week. Create designated push days.
- Car Magnets with web site and app.
- Offer free information to help potential clients.
- Place link in email signatures.
- Put download link in your email campaigns. Include links to app in customer service emails
- Add app on biz cards.
- Discuss your mobile app in appropriate forums. Yahoo, LinkedIn Groups,Google+,Twitter,chats.
- Include in your resume and bio – LinkedIn profile.
- Submit app to and pitch benefits for feature story.
- Submit a review of your app to tech publications/Social Media.
- Put direct links to your app for easy download.
- Use paid ads in social to advertise your app.
- Develop a video of your app in action.
- Mention your app in presentations and put a link on all of your web pages.
- Create a blog post with screen shots of your app to demonstrate it’s usefulness.
- http://blog.placeit.net/7-crazy-app-marketing-ideas-that-worked/ More great ideas!
- Get reviews on your app. https://maniacdev.com/2012/05/ios-app-review-sites
- Reward customers that forward app to friends. 1 customer can create 5, plus new subscribers (viral effect).
- Set up mobile ordering. Set link on Facebook.
- Great ideas to get people to download your app from SXSW. http://www.entrepreneur.com/slideshow/232194
I am a believer in old school mixed with new media. That means while traditional methods of marketing still matter, they are most effective when coupled with technology. I know it feels uncomfortable when you have to learn something new, but the benefits are worth the discomfort.
Nothing beats face to face networking. Joining a chamber or a charity is a great way to get involved with the community you serve. Meeting people in all types of industries and volunteering for a cause of greater good has many rewards. Along with your hard work and efforts, there are press releases and newspaper articles providing you with some positive PR. Do some public speaking at a chamber meeting or other events, it gives you instant credibility.
Getting involved with local business promotions and school events gives you good visibility while establishing you as an expert in your market. People who genuinely care about the communities they serve will not be forgotten.
The old tried, and true direct mail postcard is still alive today. The realistic ROI on this is about 3%, but one phone call can make the cost worth your while. Be clear in your advertising and develop a clever tag line that will make you unforgettable.
If you don’t have a database, start collecting emails from the past and present clients. If you have a good sense of humor, let that shine thru. Giving value to your readers makes them WANT to read your emails. Some platforms include www.constantcontact.com www.mailchimp.com
It is 2016, and the future is here. Businesses that are not using Social Media will nougat the digital presence as those who do. You have options to supplement your sales such as Facebook ads, Twitter ads, and now LinkedIn ads. Great photos get a lot of views so only post quality photos and videos. The use of Hashtags is essential use, find out which ones are good for you on www.tagboard.com .
We all have a little story to tell about life, business, and our ideas. Blogging gives you an opportunity to demonstrate your expertise while also providing your website with great SEO (search engine optimization) SEO is the gold in website marketing so make sure you use right keywords http://www.wordstream.com/ niche keywords in your blog posts. One other crucial point I want to drive home ONLY provides original content. DO not send a duplicate blog post to post anywhere else because Google will squash your reach as it recognizes the repetition (read this http://searchengineland.com/library/google/google-penguin-update ). Take photos with your smartphone and use them in a blog post because they are geo-tagged, and Google loves that! Also, if you need a little blog education my friend, Mack Collier hosts a Twitter chat every Sunday night 9 PM EST using hashtag #blogchat. Here is a video of Mack talking about how to follow the chat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl5hY28ncCw
Here is the Twitter feed to a recent Blog Chat
Blogging platforms to consider: WordPress.org
If you have a Patch in your area, you can create a blog for free.
Want $75 credit for Google Adwords? Go Here
Position yourself as an authority on a topic and be consistent when you write about it. There is nothing wrong with submitting your content to other websites but don’t use those articles anywhere else because once again Google recognizes this and penalizes your search results. Submitting articles to another website in your industry gives you credibility as well as a link back to your site and new traffic means new fans.
There is something even more special today than ever, the sound of a human being’s voice! In a time when we text and email the marketer who recognizes that a personal phone call can set you apart. We are people let’s not forget that we need to act like it too. Phone conversations and a few extra minutes of your time can spark a conversation on the topic that can lead to a referral. People appreciate when you go the extra mile, and their confidence in referring you grows exponentially. So reach out and touch someone like Ma Bell says.
Having an APP made from a template is very affordable about $500 and up. It enables you to put all your info into one place. You can also send out push notifications to everyone who downloads your APP.
Let’s get very real about the video and live streaming video. People want to be entertained online. We all know that video sells anything so don’t fight it. I have a simple and cost effective tool that will make you look like a pro, with www.animoto.com take your professional photos and create a custom video for your viewers. It can be used on your website, social media, and blogs. It is mobile friendly, and you can email links to your videos to prospects and customers. Type in your custom messages at the bottom of each slide to create a fantastic personalized video.
9. Live Streaming Video
Live streaming video Meerkat, Periscope FaceBook Live, YouTube Live are live streaming video platforms. People can ask you questions in real time. You can ask the viewers to share the live video, Virtual reality is no longer in the future it is here – read the future of home tours via augmented reality tours.
10. Drone Video
Live streaming and recorded video via drone make a great presentation and even cinematic experience. It’s a great perspective and highly watchable and it keeps eyes on you and your website.
Rome was not built in a day so take baby steps and try one thing at a time and move on to the next. All things seem overwhelming in their entirety unless you break them down into bite size pieces. Remember innovators and trail blazers become famous not followers.