The strategy for Public Relations is transformative. I bet you assume that when you see someone in a magazine feature that they must have paid big bucks? That is not always the case. Here are some ways to make yourself a Social Media Rockstar.These are 6 things you can do in less than a day to get you off to a good start!
1. Fill out all of your profiles in social media and any online websites that you are affiliated. (A professional headshot is essential) Make sure your LinkedIn profile is up to date, and the summary portion of your page contains keywords for your industry.
2. Develop a catchy Personal Tagline conveys your core value. This is part of your branding strategy which tells people what you do.
3. Build a mobile website/blog to position yourself as an authority in your industry.
4. Set up your email/smartphone signatures like this;
5. An energetic, upbeat voicemail message that includes your personal tagline at the end of the message.
6. Sign up for free PR leads at www.helpareporter.com (PITCH your story and get famous)
Being consistent with your profile editing and using the same photo or logo is also recommended. You want to make it easy for people to find and recognize you on other platforms. This helps you grow your social media following organically.